Monday 22 June 2015

Adductor Spasm | Osteitis Pubis - A CURSE - Recovery Phase Contd.

Hello reader,

Am back. The one suffering from osteitis pubis. Before starting this blog, one thing I wanted to clear that am not a blogger. I am a programmer and I am writing all this stuff not for myself but for those who are suffering from it. Why for them?

Because it feels good to read that yes if this guy has improved then I also stand some chances. 

Yes, guys I have certainly improved my hip condition.

How I improved?

  • Regular core + adductors + abductors + other hip muscle exercise - when I say regular I mean it. This is very important not just for the sufferers but for everybody.
  • High fiber diet | healthy diet - Muesli, cornflakes, eggs, milk and loads of milk in the morning. Avoided cheese, sugar, and other fatty things. But don't stop its consumption. Why? (Please read further). Most imp - do a cheat diet once or twice a week. Yes, we are humans.
  • Regular health checkup - Challenged myself to improve my previous blood reports. What I gained by the above things? 
    • Lower cholesterol levels
    • Low blood sugar, but fine levels (No, you shouldn't stop consuming fatty things completely)
    • Better triglyceride levels.
  • Don't stress yourself bothering about the injury, Keep your calm. Keep working out. You'll be fine.
How much I have improved? 
  • No more pain while turning in bed or floor. 
  • Can jog on toes.
  • Long Standing time increased. Earlier couldn't stand for long. 
  • Current weight - 69 -70.5 keeps varying  (Lost 7-8 kgs)
Earlier I used to avoid many things which have toned down to the following : 
  • stairs
  • sitting/ standing in one position for long
  • crossing legs (one doc asked me to)
  • fatty foods
  • long driving ( I have a manual transmission vehicle && my injury is on the left side && Am in India {hence RHS drive : Have to press clutch.} )
First, I thank myself for not letting the injury overpower my will and confidence.
Secondly, my family for tolerating my obnoxious attitude due to injury.
Third, friends who kept a track of my injury, sleep, gave me confidence to beat it.
And of course my doc and my CEO. ( why CEO? refer to previous blogs. ) 

Thanks for reading. If you want to contact me, am there at your service. I know how it feels. 

Good day. Keep smiling, Keep laughing. 
Enjoy your present. 

Best Regards
Gursahib Singh Sahni



5 comments:

  1. I have a pain between in my left hip and groin for almost a year. I ran five ultra trail marathon and 3 marathon during this period. It is interesting, I did not feel any pain while running but when I turn sideways my left leg that's when I felt an excruciating pain.Firstly I initially thought it was inguinal hernia because there was a pain similar to inguinal hernia.By the time the direction of pain changed.ı begin the feel pain while ı ran very steep slopes or crouching. One month ago I went to the orthopedist and I learned that it was osteitis pubis. Doctor said that this is an injury especially seen soccer players.When I mentioned that ı am running 135-kilometer trail runs he was very surprised. He said that kind of distance is may harmful to someone 43 years old like me. He said period of weakening of the bones begins after 40 years old.Bla bla bla.in the end he advice me as you know "dont run".He said you shouldnt run at least 4 MONTH!. How can ı get rid of this quickly? I need your advice. Worst of all ı have lost my motivation.ı havent been ruuning for a month.ı tried two time just 10 mile and ı felt pubis pain.As ı read on internet this injury is very insidious.As they say it can occur after 3 month.My morale is very bad...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, my apologies for not replying on time as I was too busy with my work. Yes, I agree with the doc saying that this injury is mostly seen in football players. But it is also due to excessive use of an injured muscle. This was my case, it was the adductor muscle which got damaged due to ignorance and an apathetic attitude.
      You must have got an MRI done and confirm that its definitely Osteitis Pubis.
      If confirmed, don't stress your already damaged swelled bone.
      Hire a physiotherapist and workout your hip surrounding muscles - adductors, abductors etc. do pilate exercises.
      Please note that : no gain no pain doesn't apply in all situations.
      Don't lose hope and let me know if any other information is required from my end.

      Delete
  2. Hi Gursahib.I have run 5 mile almost 1 years years later today and it said "ı am here". Whereas j can ride 100 mile tempo ride with road bike abd ı dont feel ang pain on O.P. area but run.I guess this wont be heal.They says last resort is operation but ı dont need to do that because ı am not pro athlete so this isn necessary for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gursahib.I have run 5 mile almost 1 years years later today and it said "ı am here". Whereas j can ride 100 mile tempo ride with road bike abd ı dont feel ang pain on O.P. area but run.I guess this wont be heal.They says last resort is operation but ı dont need to do that because ı am not pro athlete so this isn necessary for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you please be more clear about the same, so that i can be of any help

      Delete